}

Sunday, December 27, 2009

De-inflated Christmas

There's nothing sadder to me than inflatable Santas that are un-inflated resting on the lawn mournfully. I don't like inflatables at all, actually, because they seem moody that way and, for me, Christmas should be staunchly upbeat. There is one visible from outside my picture window and I hope it takes to the skies like a wayward kite and finds its way to another neighborhood.

It's December 27th and the live Christmas tree in the living room is starting to droop. We're past the point where gifts are universally infatuating and now looking at gifts like TLC's Clean Sweep show where they put three king-sized sheets on the lawn labeled "Keep," "Toss," or "Donate."

The homemade Christmas cookies are starting to get stale, but we're eating them anyway.

Early thoughts for New Year's resolutions:

1. Eat less
2. Exercise more
3. Write regularly and attempt to market said writing

No comments :

Post a Comment

Something to add?