}

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Free At-Home Daily Curriculum for Preschoolers

Since my big girl is in Kindergarten these days, my 2-year-old misses her best buddy, and insists she wants to go to school.

She is pretty good at counting, likes to sing the alphabet, and knows her colors. I was wondering how I could go about teaching her, in a way that is interesting and not-too-much, but also follows a logical pattern.

After some googling, I found a website that offers free daily lesson plans that are simple and reasonable. I'm going to give it a shot.

Day 1 starts with "A," just as it should. The site introduces the topic with a link to the Starfall site (highly recommended by my older daughter's PreK teacher), where you view the letter. Then, there's a link to Google's "Safe Search" - where you view images of the letter A in different typefonts.  Then, you do an exercise where you color in an Alligator and do a little exercise with it.

I'm going to start tomorrow, but thought it was a site worth sharing, for those who have little ones at home, like me.