}

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two book reviews

There are a lot of children's books that I find boring. Most actually. Here are two books that we just read that I think are worth sharing:


It really gets fun when kids start to use adjectives. For my daughter this started around 2 1/2 years old and is continuing well into 3. Things are "too polka dotty," "too baggy," etc. The melding of personality and language development is really fun. This book presents visuals, along with the vocabulary in a fun, creative way. My daughter loves this book and I highly recommend it!

This is another great book. It is one of the few kids books where you can't really predict the ending. Mother animals encourage their young to hurry. The pictures are beautifully illustrated, with rich colors. As you get to the end of the book (I'm killing this for you, I know), you see that all of the farm animals are congregating to witness the hatching of a new chick. It's very cute and an easy and quick read.